Friday, June 6, 2008

Endangered Species!

The slip. No, not the shoe. The slip. If you are under 30 years old, you may not know what a slip is. I guess the fashions of today don’t call for slips, obviously if some girls are wearing short skirts and no underwear, why would they bother with a slip? To be honest, today's fashions to not call for a slip, I am just trying to cover as much skin as possible while staying cool in 98 degree temp with outrageous humidity.

I have a wedding to attend tomorrow and I got a new dress that needs a slip. It has rather thin fabric, it’s long and I would feel better if you couldn’t see through it. I have a half slip, but I wanted a full slip, so I wouldn’t have VSL (visible slip line at my waist). I went to at least 4 stores. I finally asked the young girl at Target if they carried them anymore. (I knew they didn’t, I just wanted to test her to see if she knew what they were!) She said no, no one wears them anymore, they wear those body things. I said, well I don’t want to be a sausage, I just want a nice loose slip so my dress is not see-through. She kinda laughed. She said I might could find them at Sears or JC Penneys. I haven’t made it to either place yet, and don’t know that I will. I might have to do with VSL.

This makes me feel really old. If I had known sooner that I would need one, I am sure the ladies in that Polygamists colony could tell me where to get one.

Now, I had thought of taking a scrap white cotton sheet I have and making one, it would be easy to do, just a time thing….yeah, right!

1 comment:

queenofchaos said...

I can still buy them here - I even bought my last one at Target!
Try Walmart too...