Saturday, July 12, 2008

I think I can, I think I can, I know I can!


Trying to convince my husband that I AM going to get a job is a job in itself. Too bad I can't get a paycheck for it! I know I will get a job...the process has just been a little delayed due to my being sick. All of my friends are looking out for me. I have new job lists sent to me daily and I scour the internet everyday. I know THE right job is out there and I am going to get it very soon. I am still taking every freelance job I can get whether it's flyers, postcards, business cards, logos, or photography, but I need an additional 25-30 hours a week permanent work.

As far as Craigslist goes, I could be a dancer at the "Solid Gold" nearby...(You can imagine what kind of dancers they might be!) but I doubt they are taking 47 year old "fluffy" women. Apparently there is a need many sign spinners...hmmm don't know if I could even get a sign under my arm, much less spin it. Although I am sure my baton twirling talents would come in handy. However, I have gotten even more uncoordinated as the years go by.

So, remember me if you know of anyone in the Clay County area that needs a personal assistant, marketing or administrative assistant. You can contact me at opdesignworks@aol.com or give me a call!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Karen....I Know its tough out there. Have you thought about going to a temp service. I did that when we lived in Texas. Alot of larger corp. businesses goes through temp service to avoid having provide benefits. Its a good way to get your foot in the door because if you work out at the job for them they sometimes hire you as an employ. Good luck with your job hunting and hope you feel better.

Oh didnt know if you kept in touch with Cindy at Vanguard and if she told you that Tammy got married, I think 2 or 3 weeks ago. Take care and God Bless.